Matthew J. Lager
Matthew J. Lager is a lifelong Pennsylvania resident, having lived in Bucks, Centre, and Erie counties. Graduating from Council Rock High School North, he then attended The Pennsylvania State University’s main campus, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in biology. Afterwards, Matthew went on to earn his Juris Doctor from The Pennsylvania State University, The Dickinson School of Law.
While at Penn State Law, Matthew was a member of the Rural Economic Development Clinic, where he was recognized as a Public Interest Advocate for providing free legal assistance to small businesses in rural communities throughout the state. Additionally, Matthew represented Penn State Law at the National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition, hosted yearly at Pace University in White Plains, New York.
Prior to joining Bernard Stuczyski & Barnett, Matthew spent a summer serving as an interning law clerk to The Honorable Frank Palumbo of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, where he drafted judicial opinions for appeals to Pennsylvania’s Superior and Commonwealth courts.
Matthew’s practice is primarily focused on automobile accident cases, workers’ compensation claims, and Social Security disability claims. As a rider himself, Matthew takes a special interest in representing injured bikers after motorcycle accidents.
- Pennsylvania, 2012
- New Jersey, 2012
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2012
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2012
- The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- Major: Biology
- Survey Protocol Me Maybe: Why Survey Protocols Will Help Better Determine the Presence or Absence of Endangered Species , Environs Environmental Law and Policy Journal, Fall 2012, University of California, Davis, School of Law, 36 Environs Envtl. L. & Pol’y J. 65 , 2012
Honors and Awards
- Miller Public Interest Advocate Award
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Excellent Achievement in the Study of Workers’ Compensation Law